"Reason is always a kind of brute force; those who appeal to the head rather than the heart, however pallid and polite, are necessarily men of violence. We speak of 'touching' a man's heart, but we can do nothing to his head but hit it." --G.K. Chesterton

Friday, September 27, 2013

Mr. Gore, are you there?

If you're the typical Canadian, the news today, that there has been very little temperature rise over the past two decades despite increased CO2 levels in the atmosphere and despite every major climate-change model predicting big increases, will no doubt come as a shock.
But even the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which has delivered highly-torqued reports (see, especially, the "Climategate" scandal) that fanned the alarmist flames in years gone by, has now, essentially, had to admit that it was wrong. Here's a link to the big story. And here's a link to an excellent story about how the IPCC's supporters tied themselves up in knots over the possibility that the new, inconvenient fact might have to be covered up to as not to give succor to climate-change skeptics.
More links: here's a link to a very revealing story about how the alarmists try to mislead the public by puffing up their credentials.
Finally, the graph here (from The National Post FP Opinion Page this morning) shows predicted temperature gains compared to actual observed temperature (from balloon and satellite recorders) over the past two decades.
And so, we must ask ourselves: If the all temperature-rise predictions have proven completely inaccurate, what else about global-warming, climate-change theory is also wrong? Mr. Gore, are you there?

1 comment:

  1. As a former journalist, you should be particularly sensitive to things such as cherry picking evidence and burying the lead. Climate is changing, sea levels are rising, 95% chance humans are responsible. Luckily you've still got a 5% chance of being right, and the National Post will always miss the forest for the trees. As a good capitalist like you, I only believe what insurance actuaries say about the future. While we're cherry picking and all. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/climate-change-concerns-raised-by-insurance-industry-1.1265950