"Reason is always a kind of brute force; those who appeal to the head rather than the heart, however pallid and polite, are necessarily men of violence. We speak of 'touching' a man's heart, but we can do nothing to his head but hit it." --G.K. Chesterton

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like a campaign


The first full week of May is going to be a busy one on the campaign trail, as the Burquitlam Community Association has now announced that it will stage an all-candidates meeting on Thursday, May 6 at Sir Frederick Banting Middle School from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Earlier, we learned that the Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce is holding an all-candidates meeting on Tuesday the 4th, and the good folks in Maillardville are staging one on Wednesday the 5th. Today, we received an email informing us that the CoC event will take place at the David Lam Campus of Douglas College, room A1470, from 7-830 p.m. Details still to come on the Maillardville event.

I expected all-candidates meetings to take place, of course, but I was mildly surprised today when I received a phone call from "Cameron" of the "Coquitlam Firefighters Political Action Committee," who invited me to attend a private meeting with a panel of the committee. And, yes, the committee really does exist. It even has a webpage.

I'll not refrain from employing incendiary punning to say that I think the intention of the meeting is for them to grill me on my platform, but that I may also have a chance to fire some questions their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment