"Reason is always a kind of brute force; those who appeal to the head rather than the heart, however pallid and polite, are necessarily men of violence. We speak of 'touching' a man's heart, but we can do nothing to his head but hit it." --G.K. Chesterton

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Publicity for the candidacy

The Tri-City News and the Coquitlam Now have both published stories today about the May 15 by-election.

The Now's story contains the first mention of my candidacy. No complaints there, but it feels strange to be referred to as a native of Winnipeg. It's technically correct (well, close enough, because I was born in St. Boniface), but it's odd to think of myself as a Winnipeg native because my family and I moved from the Prairie capital to Vancouver when I was in Grade 3, and my wife and I moved to Coquitlam 30 years (or more than half my lifetime) ago!

But, as they say, any publicity is good as long as they spell your name correctly. And the reporter succeeded admirably on that point!

No comments:

Post a Comment