"Reason is always a kind of brute force; those who appeal to the head rather than the heart, however pallid and polite, are necessarily men of violence. We speak of 'touching' a man's heart, but we can do nothing to his head but hit it." --G.K. Chesterton

Sunday, September 13, 2026

'History' returned to its home

I've "rescued" another historical artifact that I've found at a thrift store. Over the years, I've returned these items to their proper homes: historical photos to the Toronto archives; a pennant, from the 1954 British Empire Games, to the BC Sports Hall of Fame; a memorial beer mug to a military museum in Chilliwack; a squadron "badge" to a heritage society in Richmond; a limited-edition print to the Coquitlam archives; a limited-edition print to the Village of Belcarra; and now a historical photo montage, of the graduation class of 1919 of Stonewall Collegiate, to the Stonewall, Manitoba, historical society. Here is the Stonewall newspaper's coverage of my latest rescue:

No comments:

Post a Comment